Department of Neurology at Anwer Khan Modern Medical College Hospital offers round the clock, comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic neurology services. The Neurology team is highly qualified, experienced and manage patients as per internationally accepted, evidence based protocols. The team handles regular outpatient neurological problems as well as neurological emergencies like acute ischemic strokes, intracranial bleeds (traumatic and non- traumatic), neuromuscular emergencies, neuro-infections and status epilepticus.
The neurology consultants are the leaders of the stroke team that also comprises of neurologists and neurosurgeons.
The department of neurology is supported by well equipped Neuro intensive care unit facilities like invasive intra cranial pressure monitoring and bedside Electro Encephalo Gram (EEG) monitoring for managing critically ill patients with neurological illnesses. The team also has expertise in treatment of Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders.
Treatments and Procedures:
• Diagnosis and management of various seizure disorders
• Treatment for trauma related neurological problems
• Neurophysiology unit: Nerve conduction study, Electromyography, Repetitive nerve stimulation study, evoked potentials (VEP,SSEP,BAER), EEG, portable EEG and sleep lab
• Management of neuromuscular disorders, peripheral neuropathies, chronic pain, neuro-infections and sleep disorders
• Management and treatment of stroke
• Comprehensive neuro rehabilitation including physiotherapy and occupational therapy
• Management of dementia including Alzheimer’s disease
• Management of Parkinson’s disease
• Management of neuropathies