The Department of Nephrology at Anwer Khan Modern Medical College Hospital offers a variety of options for those afflicted by renal diseases. The team of consultants is highly qualified and experienced, having trained at premier institutions in country. They provide total solutions to renal diseases.
The mission of the team is to provide state-of-the art services using evidence-based guidelines and international protocols, at an affordable cost.
Multi-disciplinary approach is the hallmark to manage renal diseases. The hospital has the support of specially trained nurses, interventional radiologists, cardiologists, diabetologists, intensivists and others to manage the intricate care these patients require. A well-equipped, laboratory, radiology and imaging services complement the team.
A modern, well-equipped dialysis unit is available, with dedicated dialysis machines for those with Hepatitis B or C. Infection control as per international standards is maintained. Facilities are also available for bedside dialysis for critically ill inpatients. .
Treatments and Procedures:
• Acute renal failure.
• Chronic renal failure.
• Acute and chronic nephritis.
• Nephrotic syndrome.
• Reno vascular hypertension.
• Collagen disorders involving the kidneys.
• CRRT (Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy) for critically ill patients requiring dialysis.
• Hemodialysis for acute and chronic renal failure patients, drug overuse etc.
• Plasmapheresis for renal or non-renal cases.
• Rigorous precautions are taken with patients suffering from Hepatitis B and C and dialysis for such patients is done on separate machines.