The Department of Neurosurgery at Anwer Khan Modern Medical College Hospital has a team of highly qualified and experienced Neurosurgeons specializing in all types of neurosurgery for comprehensive management of diseases and disorders of the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves. The department aims at excellence in neurosurgical care through practice of evidence based medicine and treatment according to international protocols.
The consultants in the department have the expertise in various aspects of modern neurosurgery including trauma care, cerebrovascular surgery, interventional neuroradiology, endoscopic neurosurgery, minimally invasive neurosurgery and stereotactic neurosurgery. Comprehensive neuro-trauma services are available round the clock to provide emergency care for patients needing surgical and ICU management of head and spinal injuries.
Skull base surgeries are done as a multi-specialty surgical exercise which requires a team approach and is offered for surgical excision of skull base tumors, cranio facial resection and CSF (Cerebrospinal fluid) leak repair.
Treatments and Procedures:
• Skull base surgeries including CSF lead repair
• Removal of brain tumors
• Craniofacial resection
• Pediatric neurosurgeries like shunt surgery and surgery for spinal dysraphism
• Interventional Neuroradiology like coiling of aneurysm, AVM embolization diagnostic angiograms and intraoperative angiograms
• Trauma surgeries
• Laparoscopic surgeries or endoscopic surgeries for cervical disc diseases, cervical arthroplasty, lumbar discectomy, spinal stabilization, spinal infections, tumors and correction of kyphosis and scoliosis
• Stereotactic neurosurgery
• Pituitary surgery