Anwer Khan Modern Medical College Hospital has a dedicated Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Practice of evidence based medicine and use of internationally accepted protocols is the hallmark of services of this department. Obstetricians are available round the clock and handle high risk pregnancies with the support of extremely well trained, experienced nurses and intensive care unit with all the required equipment. A pediatrician is present for all deliveries to handle any new born emergency.
The Obstetrics and Gynecology department offers a special pregnancy support that allows the mother to enjoy the experience of childbirth, while everything else is taken care of by the expert’s right from pre-conception counseling, antenatal care to post-natal services. In addition, the specialized birthing centers provide a comfortable environment with easy access to essential medical equipment.
Treatments and Procedures:
Obstetric services • Contraceptive services
• Medical Termination of Pregnancy services
• Reproductive endocrinology (hormonal defects) and infertility
• Pain management for labour and delivery
• Care of the pregnant woman: comprehensive pre-natal care, 24 hr surgical capability and anesthesia support, complete maternal and fetal monitoring, immediate access to Neonatal ICU, etc.
• Management of infertility
• Multidisciplinary care if needed in associated cardiac, mental, renal and general medical problems.
• Multi-disciplinary care for co management of high risk pregnancies with endocrinologist, physician, anesthetist, ultra sonologist, etc
High risk pregnancy including
• Diabetes in pregnancy
• Pre-eclampsia and hypertensive disorder
• Previous pregnancy loss and recurrent pregnancy loss
• Preterm labor and delivery
• Pregnancy with cardiac problems
• Pregnancy with any medical disorder