The Department of Orthopedics and Orthopedic Surgery at Anwer Khan Modern Medical College Hospital offers diagnostic and therapeutic services for the management of disorders of bones, joints and associated structures.
The services offered include medical and surgical care for bone and joint problems resulting from injuries, infections, nutritional or metabolic disorders. Children with genetic diseases, aberrations in growth, development and age related degenerative processes are also treated by the department. Orthopedic surgeons are part of the trauma team that is available round the clock to treat polytrauma patients.
The department is supported by a radiological suite with X-ray, imaging, physiotherapy and rehabilitation services are available to restore the health and functional abilities of people after spinal cord disorders and injuries, amputation, sports injuries, fractures and ligament injuries.
Treatments and Procedures
• Trauma and fracture surgeries
• Management of arthritis
• Treatment of osteomyelitis
• Keyhole surgeries such as arthroscopic ligament reconstruction (ACL), meniscus and chondral surgeries
• Management of open fractures, limbs lengthening using Ilizarov method
• Fusion of joints (Arthrodesis)
• Disc surgery, fusion surgeries for spine instability.
• Surgery for correction of spinal deformities like scoliosis and spondylolisthesis
• Pediatric orthopaedic surgeries for clubfoot, congenital hip dysplasia, bone and joint infection management
• Management of juvenile arthritis and metabolic bone disorders