The Department of Psychiatry at Anwer Khan Modern Medical College Hospital is committed to providing comprehensive, co-ordinated and compassionate psychiatric care to children, adolescents and adults. The focus is on providing psychiatric, psychological and behavioural health services for all age groups in a friendly and caring atmosphere. The care is customised to the patient’s needs using various modalities of treatment, which are usually on an outpatient basis.
Children are evaluated for autism spectrum diseases and treated appropriately with a multipronged approach that includes counselling, behavioural therapy and medication.
Treatments and Procedures
• Family counselling services
• Pediatric psychiatric care
• Marriage counselling services
• Individual, group, couples and family therapy
• Evaluation and treatment for substance abuse, depression and anxiety
• Management of autism, aspergers syndrome and conduct disorders
• Counselling for post-traumatic stress disorders and patient at risk for suicide
• Specialised services for children and adolescents with behavioural problems
• Diagnosis, treatment and cognitive therapy for mental ailments in children
• Parent and child behaviour management and child coping skills therapy
• Evaluation and management of mental illnesses of the elderly
• Diagnosis and treatment of dementia, sleep disorders, Alzheimers and late-onset schizophrenia.
• Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Program
• Cognitive behavioural treatment program